Due to the numerous suspected health benefits of CBD, naturally different concentrations and forms of delivery/application have been generated. And unfortunately, there is no right answer on which form of delivery is best for you. It’s really all about your preference and we do highly recommend doing the research yourself and/or talking to a professional. Especially when it comes to concentration and dosage amounts. So, what is CBD? And what forms does it come in?
CBD (Cannabidiol) Oil
To answer the first question, CBD oil is a cannabinoid found in hemp plants. A lot of people wonder if CBD can get you “high” like marijuana, and the answer is no. While it is non-euphoric (doesn’t give the “high” or “stoned” feeling) unlike its sister cannabinoid THC, it is still technically psychoactive. This is because it does pass the blood-brain barrier and for something to be considered psychoactive, this is a must. Another reason why, is it also technically chemically effects your current mind-state. The reasoning behind this, is those suspected mental health benefits we mentioned. In order to help anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues; it must chemically change your mind state. We all remember chemistry and psychology classes, right? Anyways, now that we know a bit more on what CBD is, it’s time to go over it’s different forms.
CBD (Cannabidiol) Oil Forms
• Tinctures – one of the purest methods of CBD, typical dosage range is 100mg – 1000mg, delivery method being drops under the tongue.
• Concentrates – one of the most potent methods, has a diverse dosage range and diverse delivery/application method.
• Capsules – easiest method to incorporate into your daily routine as a supplement, typical dosage range is 10-25mg, delivery method is orally like a vitamin.
• Vape Juice – easily adjustable and more accurate dosages, varying dosage range, delivery method is through your vape device of choice as long as it accepts a liquid form.
• Topicals – more for pain, inflammation, topical skin issues, etc., dosage varies, application/delivery method is the same as any other body care product.
• Sprays – weakest concentration, typical dosage of 1-3mg, delivery method of 2-3 sprays orally.
• Edibles, Patches, and Gums – fun, enjoyable, and tasteful ways to enjoy CBD and its suspected benefits, very hard to accurately dose, varying dosages, delivery/application varies on the type.
• And more!
As you can see, there are many forms and concentrations of CBD. However, as you may have noticed and as already stated, the delivery/application method used is up to you, the patient. Over here at Top Dog CBD, we currently offer CBD in the forms of tinctures and vape juice, ranging in dosage amounts of 300mg-2000mg. Please be sure to consult a licensed professional to determine which dosage amount is best for you.